How to tie shoelaces that are difficult to untie
In everyday life, everyone may have had the experience of "the shoelaces were untied when I noticed" and "the shoelaces were untied immediately no matter how many times I retied them".
Unlaced shoelaces not only make you look sloppy, but can also cause you or others to step on and injure you.
To prevent this from happening, this time we will introduce how to tie and thread shoelaces that are difficult to untie.
■ Why do you untie your shoelaces in the first place?
There are several causes for unlacing shoelaces.
A study conducted at the University of California, Berkeley in the United States found that the shoes repeatedly impact the ground while walking, loosening the knot, and applying force from the swing of the foot makes it easier to untie the knot. The results are coming out.
Also, the greater the inertial force generated by the impact of kicking the ground and the swing of the foot, the easier it is to untie the shoelaces.
This combination of several factors makes it easier to untie the shoelaces.
Besides that, the ease of unraveling also depends on how the shoelaces are tied.
There are multiple types of shoelace tying and threading, and there is a difference in the ease of unwinding between a general bow knot and the tying method used by athletes.
There are various factors that make it easier to untie, such as the type of shoelace and the walking environment.
■ How to tie shoelaces that are difficult to untie?
A typical bow knot is not a hindrance in everyday life, but it is not very suitable for strenuous exercise.
Therefore, I will introduce how to tie shoelaces, which are harder to untie than bowknots.
・ Ian knot
This method of tying is difficult to untie, and once you get used to it, you can tie it quickly, so it is also practiced by professional athletes.
- First, once normally make a knot, make a loop to the right and left.
- At this time, the point is that the left ring has the string on the top and the left ring has the string on the bottom.
- Then pass the right wheel through the left wheel, pass the left wheel through the right wheel, and then pull both wheels to complete.
Climbing or marathon, because it is also useful at the time of strenuous exercise, it is useful to remember once knot.
・ Ian Secure Knot
It is a knot that is even harder to untie than the Ian knot.
- At first, make a ring on the left and right like the Ian knot.
- Then cross the right wheel up and turn the left wheel toward you.
- Turn the other ring in the opposite direction, pass both rings through the hole in the center, and pull while shaping to complete.
It's a little complicated to tie, but it's very difficult to untie and durable.
・ Berluti knot
In addition to being difficult to unravel, it has a sophisticated and profound tie.
- When tying the knot for the first time, make two laps.
- In the process of creating a butterfly knot from there, finally passed twice through a hole, it is completed by pulling both sides of the wheel.
This tying method was devised to prevent the shoelaces from unraveling during the military march and was popularized by designer Olga Berluti in the 1970s .
Because the people who are wearing shoes, not unravel as long as you do not pull the both of shoelaces at a time, durability is excellent.
These tying methods are very useful to know not only in everyday life but also when climbing or playing sports.
With these little tricks, the risk of unraveling your shoelaces will decrease.
Why don't you try it?
■ What are the various ways to thread shoelaces?
There are different types of shoelaces not only for tying but also for threading.
Incorrect threading, too tight or too loose can cause injury.
The point is that it is tightened evenly on the left and right, and it is hard to loosen and is elastic.
Based on these, I will introduce how to thread popular shoelaces.
The style is to pass the shoelaces from top to bottom, which is characterized by good tightness and resistance to loosening.
It can be used not only for sneakers but also for all kinds of shoes such as leather shoes.
You can wrap your feet tightly, which gives you a sense of stability.
- First, pass the shoelaces through the left and right holes on the toe side from above, and make the length of the shoelaces even on the left and right.
- Pass the laces on the outside of the foot through the holes on the inside, from top to bottom, being careful not to twist the laces from there.
- Then thread the laces on the inside of your foot through the holes on the outside, from top to bottom.
Repeat this process until the hole on No. 1, is completed when the last Musube.
This is the opposite of overlap, with shoelaces threaded from bottom to top.
The feature is that the pressure on the foot is low and it is suitable for wearing for a long time.
The process of threading shoelaces is basically the reverse of the overlap.
- Pass the shoelaces through the left and right holes on the toe side from below, and make the length of the shoelaces even on the left and right.
- Then pass the laces on the inside of the foot through the outer holes from below and the laces on the outside of the foot through the holes on the inside from below.
- Repeat this until the top and tie it to complete.
Along with the overlap, both are so common that they are called "sneaker knots", but they are useful because they look good and are easy to use.
Overlaps and underlaps are good for sneakers, while singles are great for leather shoes and formal sneakers because the inner laces are less noticeable.
- Pass the shoelaces through the left and right holes on the toe side from above, and pass the shoelaces on the inside of the foot through the top holes on the outside from below.
- Thread the laces on the outside of your foot through the holes on the inside from below, and the laces on the inside through the holes on the opposite side of the same height from above.
- Repeat this process, pass the shoelace through the last hole from below, and adjust the left and right lengths to complete.
Only three types have been introduced here, but there are many other ways to thread shoelaces.
How about using them properly according to the type of sneakers and the usage scene?
■ How to choose shoelaces?
When you go to the store, there are many types of shoelaces, and you may be confused about which one to choose.
Here are some tips for choosing shoelaces for such occasions.
First is the No. 1 The important thing is "length".
Different sneakers require different shoelace lengths, so you need to measure the length of your existing shoelaces and purchase based on that length.
If you like the look and buy it, and try to replace it, be careful not to say that it is not long enough.
Next is "shape".
The shoelaces are unique in shape and you need to choose the one that best suits your needs.
"Flat string" mainly used for casual sneakers.
The string itself is not very strong, but it is difficult to unravel and is suitable for outdoor use.
On the other hand, "round string" is easier to untie than flat string and is not suitable for sports, but the strength of the string itself is high, so it can be used for a long time.
It is a shoelace that is often used not only for sneakers but also for business shoes.
"Hiramaru string" has the characteristics of both flat string and round string.
The string itself has an oval shape and is often used in fast-moving sports such as running shoes and basketball shoes.
It is a shoelace that is easy to use because it has a good balance between unraveling and the strength of the shoelace itself.
"Color" is also an important factor for those who want to enjoy fashion.
Even simple sneakers will give you a completely different impression just by changing the color of the shoelaces, so it's a good idea to change it according to your mood and clothes.
For example, Tanaka Universal's " GERMAN TRAINER" , which has been popular among men, can be easily worn by women simply by matching the shoelaces with a cute atmosphere.
On the other hand, it is also fashionable for men to wear chic shoelaces with women's popular products such as " maccheronian" .
As introduced this time, there are many types of shoelace tying and threading methods.
Let's live a safe and fashionable sneaker life according to your purpose and taste.